Okay, the vet tried to streeeetch out my pain for as long as possible. First, there was the sad event. Second, a few days after, when we were all starting to feel better, they send us a card, a bit of my poor kitten's fur, and a couple paw prints. And THEN, a couple days later, they say that we can pick up his ashes, right after we were getting over the card. And that's why I haven't posted in so long. I've just been so sad.
On a happier note, its finally Saturday. This week just lasted forever, even though I had a four day school week, it was just extremely long.
Plus, I got third in a speech competition I was in! It was so nerve-racking, and only first place moved up. All of the girl's speeches were so good, and I went second to last. I was extremely nervous, and I felt like I was swallowing sandpaper. It took the judges forever to make a decision. But, on the plus side, there were cookies and juice. :-) I felt kind of bad when I found out that I was third, because I was with some close friends in the competition, and none of them were in the top three. I sit next to the second place girl in band, and she's really nice, but there were two other girls who I know really well, and they didn't get recognized. But everyone got a certificate for making it this far, so that's a good thing. Ever since I was little, I've been sort of overwhelmed by all my brother's math trophies, and now, I've got something. It's petty, but it makes me feel a bit better.
Something kind of interesting was said when all of the girls and I were talking while we were waiting for the judges to decide. We were all just chatting, telling everyone else how well they did, munching on the cookies, that sort of thing. The girl who got second and I were talking, and she said that when she was telling one of her friends that she was going to compete, they said "Good luck, but *insert my name here* is so gonna win." I felt really bad, and I told her that, but it was also the biggest compliment I've had in a while. I think it worked out great, though. We both got in the top three, and she gets to go tell her friend that she placed higher than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment