Saturday, February 12, 2011

Food... some thoughts

I love Saturdays... it's 1:30 and I just finished breakfast. 'Twas a good one, too. Two crispy fried eggs, two pieces of toast, and orange juice. It's weird. I make these wonderful, tasty, healthy, big breakfasts on weekends, but on school mornings, I'm lucky if I eat at all. Don't get me wrong, I love to eat, I just love to sleep more. I grab up all the extra minutes possible, and so I barely have enough time to get dressed and get my hair and teeth brushed, that sort of thing. Supplying my body with nutrients is not top priority. Toast takes so long to cook, cereal takes a while to eat. Microwaved bacon might work, but no food with a face for this girl. So I go hungry. I go hungry during the ride to school. I go hungry during my morning classes. I go hungry until lunch, where I inhale my sandwich and apple, appalling my peers. But on weekends... well, considering the late hour of my dining today, that happens anyway. But I eat. And I do love to do that. I've never understood why people would intentionally starve themselves. Food is awesome. There's just nothing like it. Taste is just an awesome sensation. In conclusion... I like food.

No comments:

Post a Comment